"Charge" Up Your Tulsa, OK Home With An Electrical Panel Upgrade
First of all, this one's for us - stop calling it a breaker box. It's an electrical panel, people! All kidding aside though, it's one of the most important features of your home - the main point of contact between the power grid that powers all of us here in Tulsa County and your home's electrical system. When external power comes into your electrical panel, it's divvied up between all the circuits you have installed and sent along your wiring to power your TV, your smartphone, your refrigerator - anything that's plugged into an outlet.
If your electrical panel doesn't have enough capacity for all of your appliances and devices - or it's showing signs of damage - it's time to let your friends at Watt's Right Electric upgrade you to a new, modern panel that can handle everything electrical you can throw at it.
When Is A Good Time To Upgrade My Electrical Panel?
Sometimes while you're in the midst of another home project, you're actually at an advantageous point to go ahead and upgrade your electrical panel as well. Some of these instances include:
- Home renovations - Especially if you're upgrading your kitchen with new appliances, this is a great time to look at a new electrical panel.
- When you're adding sub-panels - Sometimes you have to further segment your electrical system, like when adding an exterior workshop. It's a great time for a new panel as well.
- Adding electrical outlets - Putting in new outlets could involve adding new circuits, and your existing panel may not have the capacity.
- Home insurance requirements - It's possible your insurer requires your electrical panel to be a certain model, or to have been installed within a certain time frame, for them to maintain your policy.
What Are Signs My Electrical Panel Needs To Be Replaced?
A great time to schedule an upgrade for your electrical panel is when your current unit is showing signs of needing repair. Sometimes, instead of chasing continual fixes, it's better to just have a new one put in. Here are some things to watch for:
- Your circuit breakers trip frequently
- Your circuit breakers trip when more than one appliance is being used
- Your circuit breakers don't trip when they're supposed to
- Your electrical panel is making strange noises
- Your electrical panel smells like smoke or burning
- Your appliances don't seem like they're getting enough power
- Your electrical panel has rust or physical damage
Enhance Your Home's Electrical Capacity
As more and more pieces of technology become integral to managing our home day-to-day, the need for up-to-date and upgraded electrical panels grows ever more urgent. If your home's electrical panel is lagging and needs an upgrade, send us a message online or call (918) 972-0720 today!